Why do I feel like some fish are not eating???

5 posts

Discuss all topics related to freshwater and planted tanks.

surfdiva0

by surfdiva0

I have just started my very first tank and I have 4 glo fish and 2 kissing gourami's....just to get the water cycled and everything....but I have had my Kissing Gourami's for 6 days now and they are not going after the flake food. Is it possible that they are not hungry??? Sometimes it looks like they are eating stuff from in between the rocks on the bottom of the tank.

I just don't want them to die from hunger....whats up??

Poetic_Irony2267

Re: Why do I feel like some fish are not eating???

by Poetic_Irony2267

Ok if the fish seem to be siphoning the gravel then that's most likely how they are getting their food however if you start to notice that their bellies are pinched in and they are looking like they are getting skinnier you will want to try something else, i would suggest getting a package of frozen blood worms from your local pet store and trying that because you have so few fish in the tank using a whole cube would be wasteful, i would take one cube out of the package and cut it in half and then from there put the half a cube in a cup and use a bit of tank water to dissolve it and then dump that back into the tank, if they don't eat that then there may be something else wrong with the fish. try this first then repost letting us know whether or not they are eating if they are not, we may be able to come up with a solution as a collective.

Good luck.
Brandon

surfdiva0

Re: Why do I feel like some fish are not eating???

by surfdiva0

As of today Wednesday...I have had the Gourami's for a week now and they have not eaten. All the other fish eaten but not them.

The Gourami's dont even act interested in eating. I am leaving tomorrow (Thursday) and wont be back until Sunday. I hope maybe they will be hungry enough to eat on Sunday otherwise I am going to try the frozen blood worms.

starbetta

by starbetta

Frozen bloodworms costs .99 cents. Trust meeeeeeee, they'll eat it.

subymanny04

by subymanny04

maybe try changing the types of food that you are giving them. try some sort of pellets for them. if you give them blood worms they may become picky and only want to eat blood worms from here on out. thats expensive to keep having to buy that for them. use that as your last resort.

5 posts