Should have quaranteened dammmit!

6 posts

Discuss all topics related to freshwater and planted tanks.

Peterkarig3210

by Peterkarig3210

I had like 12 Cardinal tetras in my tank and the pH was stable at 6.8, and there were no deaths for days.

It was only after I bought 6 neons from my local fish store that in the past 24 hours I've lost 6, and all the deceaced were the nicer cardinal tetras.

I noticed a tiny bit if ICK on one of the new neons, and then noticed that one of the new ones also looked funny. It was losing it's color and had a bloated and bumpy look to it, so I quaranteened it. I've been treating the whole tank for ICK, but I'm worried that this quaranteened fish has neon tetra disease.

I put the quaranteened fish in a little bucket and gave it a big dose of ICK med and it's still alive after 24 hours. I'm gona get even with that store.

Peterkarig3210

by Peterkarig3210

I was so happy I was counting the same number of fish morning after morning and now this happens. I think I'm pretty good at keeping aquariums alive, but I'm too lazy to quaranteen as I should, untill now.

Sooooooo many stores have fish infested with ICK, and neon tetra disease is even worse as there's no cure. You basically have to kill all your fish, kill all of any life in the tank including all bacteria, and start over.

Yep.......I know how to get even if they don't compensate me for all the other fish that died.

I got my ways.

mro2you2

by mro2you2

Did you sue? try to get all the money out of them and buy a reef. ;)

Peterkarig3210

by Peterkarig3210

.....................no

I know I can't get much out of this place except for the 3 of their fish that died, that's a $6 credit, barely worth the drive over there.

I'm going to wait a while and treat the tank for ICK, and hopefully there won't be any neon tetra disease in the fish that are left.

I'm broke.

Tmercier834747

by Tmercier834747

Yeah I did something similar from an un-reputable LFS. I bought 3 kuhlis and 6 cardinals and within 12 hours 6/7 kuhlis were dead and there was one cardinal that survives to this day. At 24 the last kuhli had died. The new kuhlis had a bad case of ich. Oddly the rummynose and the rest of the inhabitants were unaffected.

mro2you2

by mro2you2

sorry that sounded odd

6 posts