Angelfish Fins...

3 posts

Discuss all topics related to freshwater and planted tanks.

JB20High9473

Angelfish Fins...

by JB20High9473

So my tank has two Angelfish. One is of the black and white variety and it has an interesting feature I have never seen before. Now before I put this out there I would like to mention that the two get along beatifully. I mean I have never once seen them even chase each other!

So the Black and White has a weird top fin(dorsal?). I is kind of stringy and hangs off to the side like some kind of emo hair-do. It has been this way since I bought him. At first it was just the tip of the fin, but as he got bigger (1 inch to now 3.5 inches body length) the whole thing just kind of hangs there. The fish has never been sick (that I have noticed) and for all intensive purposes is doing great! Is this a common variation? Just a fluke? Is he a mutant?

Any help would be great, but all the research I have done on angels and never have I seen anything like this.

Thanks!

JB

I will attach a picture once I get home from work...

Twigboy8888

by Twigboy8888

ive had a few angels with a simmular problem in the front two lower fins the right would kinda twist and shrink but other then it eventually fully disapering it never affected them much and they where always really happy and active so i dont think its anythig to worry about its probobly just a defect so dont worry about it

JB20High9473

by JB20High9473

Well thats a load off. I am absolutely taken by my angels and if one was in some way injured or diseased I would be pretty upset.

Thanks for the info,

JB

Angelfish Fins...

3 posts