betta information

7 posts

Discuss all topics related to freshwater and planted tanks.

cyndrine

betta information

by cyndrine

I do not have a betta myself but someone gave my mom one for her desk at work so i looked up some information for her. This is the site that my mom said was the most useful to her. Figured I would post this since there seem to be a lot of questions concerning betta's recently.

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Siamese_Fighting_Fish

hope this helps. or just search wikipedia on the internet and look up their betta information. that is the one i am triing to link.

zambize

by zambize

Also www.bettatalk.com is a good place.

freshwaterpleco

by freshwaterpleco

Bettas are great fish but usually can only be kept alone. They are coldwater fish so they can stand cold tempatures.

Just feed them betta food and they should be fine they don't need a filter or anything

gumbii

by gumbii

betta's are the most low maintanence fish you could get... they can not stand cold waters say like a carp or minow... they should be kept in a room where the temperature is stable or with a heater... i have 5 bettas together in a 25g planted tank...

i used to have wild bettas in 5g tanks... but i ended up giving them all away to make room for my bigger breeder tanks...

freshwaterpleco

by freshwaterpleco

They are great if you get a female. The difference is males have longer fins

gumbii

by gumbii

not true freshwaterpretendo...

some younger plakat and sort tail bettas look just like female bettas... that's how i got tricked...

do a search for plakats and short tails...

also... female bettas have a stripe or somethings stripes that runs from the front to the back... and they have horrible coloring...

look... this is a ugly male betta...

http://www.aquabid.com/uploads/fwbettaswt1204696799.jpg

freshpleco

by freshpleco

bettas are a great fish to have. I have two beattas. they eat pebbles.

betta information

7 posts