Plants

8 posts

Discuss all topics related to freshwater and planted tanks.

platipus12321

Plants

by platipus12321

im thinking about starting a small planted tank and i was wondering what are some good starter plants.

freshwaterpleco

by freshwaterpleco

Some amazon swords

gumbii

by gumbii

amazon swards require a pretty big tank, and a decent amount of light... the best plants that are low light, and easy to start with are anubias, java ferns, java balls, java moss, anacharis, wisteria and maybe some types of vallisneria... i've had really good luck with jungle val. in my cichlid tanks...

my 25g is stocked with anubias barteri and nana, java ferns, java balls, and a dwarf lilly...

jstcrusin

by jstcrusin

the amazon swords are a pretty plant but they are also very messy losing their leaves I have some red luwegia [not sure if that is the correct spelling] which i like and are very clean, wysteria and I believe the other kind is a hawthorn which grows up to six feet in lenght and one plant has turned into ten plants when they reach the top of the tank I just snap them in half and plant them one corner of my 55 gallon fry tank is like a little forrest and I also have some java ferns that I am having good luck with

Peterkarig3210

by Peterkarig3210

I'm with you gumbii on the plants you suggest. Amazon sword is what I use as a massive cover to hide my left power head but does need a bit more light than the other plants you suggested.

freshwaterpleco

by freshwaterpleco

I would get a couple 6 inch plants they sell at the store. I don't know what kind but if you are going to put any fish in it make sure they are plant compatible

intothenew

by intothenew

Try Water Sprite. You can float it or place it in the bed.

platipus12321

by platipus12321

thank you guys

Plants

8 posts