yo fish getting along fine

9 posts

Discuss all topics related to freshwater and planted tanks.

dansen420

by dansen420

so i got one 4in albino rainbow shark an 7 convict chiclids an 4 redtail sharks ranging in size one new rainbow shark small an 3 tetras 1 pleco and 1 pletco catfish an its been running for about a year in a half in a 30 gal with a magnun 350 an aqua clear with no problems no wouldnt there be alot of fin niping by now or dead fish

dansen420

by dansen420

and i want too put some more types of fish any recomendations for me let em know

dansen420

by dansen420

not pletco catfish i ment pictus catfish

esparzar1

by esparzar1

All of your Sharks that you have will get to big for a 30 gallon tank (sometimes over 6 in) If you do decide to keep sharks you really should only have about one in a 30 gallon and that might be pushing it. The only sharks that do good in groups are bala sharks but, you need at least a 75 gallon for those. I would say pick one shark that you wanna keep (albino/rainbow/retail) and get rid of the rest. The convicts should be okay but they get pretty big as well (5-6 in) you would probably be okay with only about 2-3 of those. Some options/tank mates for the sharks are Gurarmis and Barbs. The tetras (if there really small) might get bullied or even killed. The fish you’re talking about really need to be in at least a 55 gallon tank.

dansen420

by dansen420

ya my buddy that built the tank has a 55 gal i might take but its been going for a year an the 3 biggest are a albino rainbow an pictus catfish an a redtail every thing else is still small i need alot more rock if i upsize to a 55 gal then look at the profile ill have some pics of the fish tell me what you think

esparzar1

by esparzar1

Your fish tank set-up look great. I think you have plenty of rocks/hiding places. The only thing that concerns me is the fish you have chosen. They're really not ideal in a 30 gallon. See if one of your lfs will take the shraks back (keep one) and maybe the convicts? You really need to decide what type of tank your going for are you going to do a "semi-aggresive" set-up (Shark,Guarmis,maybe a school of Barbs) or are you looking to do a Cichlids tank (south american/african) once you get that figured out you will have a better idea of what kind of fish mix well.

dansen420

by dansen420

ya im lookin for tanks rite now i only have & cichlids rite now i wasnt really into them but there chill fish always out unlike the smaller sharks in the tank so my buddy that designs the tank layout for a parttime job is lookin for a big tank 4 me just seeing if sharks an cichlids can get along an theres no fin nipping yet so ill se i might split them up move the sharks to the 55 when i get it an the cichlids in the 30

zambize

by zambize

Pictus cats eat small fish. You didn't say what kind of tetras you have, but if they are small enough to fit in your cat's mouth, you may not have them for long.

Z

dansen420

by dansen420

na tetras i dont care about one died 2 days ago got sucked into the dray an there about the size of my smallest chiclids an theres one now so i know he is stressed

9 posts