My new planted 55 gallon

8 posts

Discuss all topics related to freshwater and planted tanks.

zambize

My new planted 55 gallon

by zambize

Click reply to see my new 55 gallon tank. I've been working on it for a few months and I've just completed planting it. I don't have the driftwood quite positioned to my liking, but it's still a work in progress...isn't it always? Comments, suggestions? Fish include 1 angelfish, 3 pearl gourami, 2 yo-yo loaches, 4 emerald green corydoras, 5 otocinclus, 1 sailfin pleco, and one school each of neon tetras and rummynose tetras.

Z
d4f79-55 gallon.jpg

esparzar1

by esparzar1

Z,
Your tank looks great! I don't know much about planted tank but, I really like what you have done. I actaully just got my 55 gal up and running and like you it's still a work in progress. Anyway, I don't have suggestions on improving your tank, I think it looks really good

yasherkoach

by yasherkoach

as you may know, I have no light above my tank, it is regulated by mini blinds and I use the natural source of the sun as light......................but I must say, I like that lighting fixture attached to the top of your tak. These fixtures are very nice, not just in appearance but the water does not warm up as much.

THhe plants you have in the tank is very lush. Your fish will feel right at home. Much security and natural feel to the tank. And even the air intakes and heater are situated from view, nice point.

I like the wood as it is, but I am sure you will figure it out. The plants will eventually grow around the wood branches, it will make a very nice effect.

I agree with esparzar1, no suggestions here, it's a wonderful tank you put together for your fish.

zambize

by zambize

Thank you both very much!

Z

ChristinaBug2890

by ChristinaBug2890

LOVE IT! That substrate is sexy!

I hope your yoyos do better than mine did. One got bigger and became "alpha" and terrorized the smaller one. I recently removed the larger one and he's living in a more suited environment in a different tank. The smaller one is starting to eat better and gain some mass.

zambize

by zambize

I love that substrate, too! It is Eco-complete. It's all I use. Thanks for the info on the yo-yos. I'm not too familiar with them, these are my first ones. I'll watch for that. At the moment, they are the same size. I haven't had them long though...

Z

ChristinaBug2890

by ChristinaBug2890

I started to see it after maybe....2.5-3 months. He didnt literally tear the other apart or bite it or anything just chase it frequently...especially during feeding...he would chase it out of the way so it couldnt eat. The poor lil thing is still shy. i believe mine were both male...so i dont know if that would make a difference. Im debating adding more but they would be so small and the other fish in the tank are so mature...im not sure what to do at this point.

You're really observant, u'll probably catch it in time if it happens in ur tank and u can adjust accordingly.

natalie265
Site Admin

by natalie265

It's looking great!

My new planted 55 gallon

8 posts