Help please female african hase babys

29 posts • Page 2 of 3

Discuss all topics related to freshwater and planted tanks.

milky648

by milky648

i knew ther not pure yes the male is ornge she is a yellow lab ill still sell them but as hybrids they still have a right to live a full life, no i did strip her i put her in a differnt tank and ima gonna let her be for a long time she is tierd but she is eating and looking good . The babys are eating thers so many of them i know not all will survie 2 alrady died . i just leave them be i feed them 3 tims a day.and tommorow ill havto do a waterchange . ill havto be really carfull .

josmoloco

by josmoloco

No, don't sell them, you should not have that right! even if you sell them as hybrids, somebody will forget they are or something and breed them with a yellow lab and resell them as pure. Keep for yourself or as feeders only!

josmoloco

by josmoloco

hybrid mbuna are a real pet peeve to many serious rift lake cichlid keepers!

dizzcat

by dizzcat

"hybrid mbuna are a real pet peeve to many serious rift lake cichlid keepers!"

Like me. When I buy a cichlid, I want to know it is a PURE one because I breed mine. I have one Yellow Lab that is very dark yellow with slight black to her. I suspect she is a Red Zebra/Yellow Lab hybrid, if not 1st generation, then second. I wont save any of her fry. Its not fair to others who want pure fish. I just let her hold in the main tank and spit in the main tank. Her fry get ate and a couple make it. When I bought her I was told she was pure. However, doing some research online I discovered someone had brought in hybrids and they were sold as pure. So, I spent money on a fish I thought was a pure Yellow Lab only to discover she is not. Lab/Red mix always come out looking like a yellow lab. They will have a darker gold body and less black on them.

I think they deserve to live too, if not eat by the other fish. In fact, Miami is giving me a Yellow Lab/Red Peacock hybrid when it gets a little bigger. I am excited about it. The difference is, he was truthful that it was a hybrid and I know it is and I will not let it spawn.

My suggestion to you Milky is, keep a couple in the 10 gallon to grow out for yourself if you want them and let the others loose in the main tank. If they are strong they will make it with the adults. If they are not then nature takes over. When my females spit in the main tank, they will spit about 20 and I will find that 5 or more made it. These are the smart/strong ones. They will dart out of hiding to eat and will grow fine.

milky648

by milky648

enter
Last edited by milky648 on Sat May 30, 2009 2:36 am, edited 1 time in total.

josmoloco

by josmoloco

Now your just being ignorant! For one, a sockeye is a species of pacific salmon.......
It's your first spawn and you already know everything?

So is ok for my to breed my red devil and my convict together(it is possible) and distribute them?

And then you drag in racist concept...... Blacks and whites are the same species!!!! Metriaclima estherae and Labidochromis caeruleus are not! Not even similar to blacks and whites! Get your head out of a rut and listen to Dizz and Me!

I know you will distribute them anyway but I had to voice my opinion anyway.....Thanks for not listening to experienced rift lake keepers......

milky648

by milky648

ok im sorry , i do understand what your saying i know ther not the same kind of fish with makes it a shit mix.. but thoes fish are i think called mixed africnas at pet stores i know ther not pure . So ill give them to the pet sotre i know the manager and she alrady knows the male is ornge and the female is a yellow lab .and they always say on the tanks what they are .
Im not even sure if she is pure bc i got her off a friend and he bought her from a pet store, her yellow is bright. Or i know ppl that just want africans not for breeding . Do you think they really will stay yellow / bc they all are right now. Well for now lets see how many i can keep alive the week ones ill keep as feeders. once again sorry and I do understand .

josmoloco

by josmoloco

"Mixed Africans" is supposed to be a variety of purebreds in the same lot, but thanks to people donating hybrids "Mixed" means "mixed species".

I have hybrid fry for my own use right now, about 20 peacock/electric blue hap mixes and about 20 peacock/red empress mixes, I'm sure the males will be gorgeous, The thing is, I don't distribute....

dizzcat

by dizzcat

They will most likely stay yellow. The difference will be, instead of a light yellow with strong black dorsal fins, they will be a deep yellow, almost gold with weak black markings. The female looks like she most likely is pure. Passing these out to friends who want them to fill their tanks and they know are hybrids are fine. As long as they know.

How big is the male Red Zebra in your profile? He looks very skinny, his stomach is concave. That kind of thin is normal in a female that has been holding and not eating for 3 weeks, not in a healthy male. He should have a full body like the fish in my profile. What are you feeding them and how often?

Hit the reply on this post and you will see what a healthy adult Red Zebra should look like, OK?

I am not trying to bash you or anything, just concerned and want to help.
d6d89-100_2185.JPG
2b38f-100_1803.JPG

milky648

by milky648

ya i know i cant keep him fat i have tryed everything u guys have toled me um some one toled me to feed him 2 times a day and put zukini in the tank but then i get white worms so then i havto clean my tank every monday my day off work

Help please female african hase babys

29 posts • Page 2 of 3