My first nano cube

7 posts

Discuss all topics related to freshwater and planted tanks.

zambize

My first nano cube

by zambize

I tried to resist, but the nano bug finally bit me. What do you think of my first nano tank? It is a 3 gallon glass bowfront with power filter, heater, and a 3wpg plant light. I went simple...for substrate I used eco-complete and I aquascaped it with only large black rocks, java fern, anubias nana, and christmas moss. The fish is a female betta.

Zambize
f44f8-picotope with rocks only.jpg

yasherkoach

by yasherkoach

I get in trouble for being harsh or too direct, so I will leave it at.....never mind

zambize

by zambize

yasher - I feel your pain...I get into trouble for the same thing. lol That, and being "sarcastic". I just don't see any of it.

Z

jweb

by jweb

I have a 2.5 gallon nano with java fern in it. It sits on my moms night stand. It looks nice. I just used a 18 watt halogen desk lamp for it. The java ferns can cope with all kinds of light so they aren't too picky about the halogens spectrum. Although they could grow a lot faster with a better spectrum.

JB20High9473

by JB20High9473

I would guess that the tank you have set up might just be the best single betta set-up I have ever seen! I mean those poor fish are placed in plastic containers at Wal-mart and other places that sell fish liek they are toys. Thats it no sand, no filter, no plants!

I just gotta never look at it again or I might buy one... sigh.

zambize

by zambize

Aw, shucks, JB, thanks. :) But...the planted 20 long in my profile pics is the best betta setup I've ever seen. lol I've got a black metallic betta in it along with 6 neon tetras, some pygmy cories, otocinclus, and 2 african dwarf frogs. The setup is eco-complete substrate with driftwood, black rocks, and it is fully planted. Reminds me of the Amazon. I just set it up. The nanos are really fun to do though, and I just aquascaped two for a friend of mine today. 20 longs are fun to do, too. They are like a nano double-wide.

Z

dizzcat

by dizzcat

That is sweet Z!

I have seen pictures of the most beautiful nano setups! Some are more gorgeous than a large tank!!

My first nano cube

7 posts