Bolivian Ram Spawn Video

8 posts

Discuss all topics related to freshwater and planted tanks.

dizzcat

Bolivian Ram Spawn Video

by dizzcat

Sunday, after I redid my tank, my Rams spawned. They picked the far right corner against the front where I put the rocks. I put spawning rocks on each side of the tank, that way I can put up a divider without having to move the rock with eggs.

Here is a video remix I set up. It begins with them flirting over a rock. She then starts to clean it and hover over it. She makes a few passes over it until the eggs start to come out. She then lays rows of eggs and he passes over them fertilizing them. After they are done they fuss at them a little and eat the ones that did not stick. My male even uprooted a couple plants *sigh* Well, in the end, as always, the fight breaks out! They started this after she ate a couple spawns as the eggs hatched. Mostly she wins, but the last 2 times he did. He won this time and will not let her near! The video ends (for now) with papa fanning the eggs.
http://s530.photobucket.com/albums/dd35 ... a0b667.pbr

yasherkoach

by yasherkoach

that is an awesome vid...thanks for sharing

jb20high

by jb20high

Yeah watched it a few times. I can only hope I can create a good enough home to have my own little love connection! Grats!

dizzcat

by dizzcat

Thanks! :-)

The eggs hatched yesterday. They are little wigglers till Sat abouts. I started a batch of brine shrimp. I have never fed the live brine shrimp, so fingers crossed it works out! Looks good so far. :-)

dizzcat

by dizzcat

Day one of free swimming fry! So fun! I never get tired of watching this and its like the 10th spawn!

Got some video.I had fun doing this one! Music is a bit loud, so turn the speakers down some. I had to use Jazz, it just fit so well!

It starts with the bunch under papa near the front of the tank. As you watch you can see a few go spiralling out of control by his water movementsLOL. Then we have the little lost one. Papa did find him and put him back with the others. He then moved over to the side of the tank. As I recorded him he got mad and charged me a few times! Then he moved over and all the tiny ones followed him. After you see this you will know why I can sit for hours watching the interaction! In the background you can see the mom on the other side of the divider checking for strays. As soon as she saw the free swimmers she started her watch.

http://s530.photobucket.com/albums/dd35 ... 864f89.pbr

While he is caring for the fry his color is a pearl with an intense eye stripe. His bright gold chest means all is well and the fry just play. As he wanders around the tank they follow him, always staying within a few inches. When its bed time, he will turn a blackish color and all the fry will swim under him, into a little pile and settle in for the night. Its so sweet to watch! As long as he stays dark, either sleep mode or stress mode, they stay very still under him. As soon as he lightens up and his chest turns gold, off they go!

fishrebel09

by fishrebel09

the music is so appropriate and they look awesome swimming around i hope most of them live!

dizzcat

by dizzcat

Thanks :-) They are actually doing awesome! This batch seems to be much stronger than any past batches. The difference is I am feeding them live baby brine shrimp I am hatching as oppose to the frozen kind I have used in the past. Their tiny tummies are big and round and gold, which means they are getting enough to eat :-)

dizzcat

by dizzcat

I made a mini movie! It starts with the Bolivian Rams flirting, then the spawn, the eggs, wigglers, free swimmers to the fry at 4 month old.

It turned out pretty neat! The music reminds me of an old silent movie LOL

Check it out :-)
http://s530.photobucket.com/albums/dd35 ... 866905.pbr

Bolivian Ram Spawn Video

8 posts