New tank

6 posts

Discuss all topics related to freshwater and planted tanks.

jliddiard09

New tank

by jliddiard09

I am getting a 35 galloon tank. I just when a price one for for about $440 for the tank and stand. Are there certain kinds of equipment that i should get or just use what comes with it? Also, what kind of rock and plants should i ues? What about fish, which ones should i put in there?

Thanks,
Lids

yasherkoach

by yasherkoach

forget the 35 gallon...go a little more and get the 55, you'll be happy that you did in the long run.

And before you begin getting fish, you need to do some research on what to get the tank before you even put a fish in the tank.

I can only hope the number "09" after your nickname is not your age. If it is, my apology...and if you are 9 years old, get your parents involved so you can get serious about this hobby. If you are not 9 years old, but over 18, you should be ashamed of yourself.

I do not mean to be a hard readend on this, but people treat fish like their at a fish market. Fish have personalties, they are able to be loyal to fish of their choosing and to the aquarist, fish are able to mourn (months ago I had a fish that was in the process of dying, she always hung with another red wag platy I still own, but the two of them would go everywhere in the tank, he would follow her everywhere, he would push all the other fish away while she was eating, anyway, there she was, at the bottom of the tank, dying, and he would brush up against her, attempting to nudge her to tell, come on, let's go for another swim..................and it's people like the one I am pissed off at that have no idea that fish do care about other fish; relationships do build inside that tank of yours

Just take it serious, okay pal? Or take the fish back to a local fish store and wash your hands of this hobby, get out and call it a day. This is all I ask, from you or anyone who does not take this hobby seriously

when you tell this forum you are serious about the fish hobby, then you will receive a serious response as to what you should get for your fish tank...I think this is fair enough, don't you?

So are you serious?

jliddiard09

by jliddiard09

yes i am, but i do not have room for 55 galloon tank. My house is too small. that is why i'm going with a 35 galloon.

yasherkoach

by yasherkoach

with the fish you do own now will be plenty for the 35 gallon

end of story

jliddiard09

by jliddiard09

ok thank you

yasherkoach

by yasherkoach

1- Marbled Anglefish - Sex unknwn - 3 1/2 in. long 2- Kribensis - one male & one female- 1 in long ech 2- Sailfin Molly - one male & one female male - yellow - 1 1/2 in long - female-albino-1 in long 2- Short-bodied Catfish - Sex unknown both 1 in long 1- Suckermouth Catfish- Sex unknown-4 1/2 in long 2- Neon Tetras- Sex Unknown- 3/4 in long each 1- Tiger Bard- Male - 1 1/4 in long

only on the tetras, you should have a minimum of 6-8, same with the tiger barb...and beings these fish are small at adult size, you can get about 4 neon tetras and 5 tiger barbs, though you are pushing it

next time, please research your fish...care about this hobby and it will reward you with years of fish keeping

I ahave silver tip tetras, and they can live up to 5 years...I have Dwarf Chain Loaches that can live up to 8-12 years...I am 50 years old, understand? by the time I am 60, the loach will just be reaching "retirement"

be serious, okay pal?

New tank

6 posts