my first picture (i r newb)

29 posts • Page 1 of 3

Discuss all topics related to freshwater and planted tanks.

damemagnifique9423

by damemagnifique9423

? :D

any comments? suggestions? hate mail?

MonkeyChunks

by MonkeyChunks

add a plant

damemagnifique9423

by damemagnifique9423

there is a plant in there, maybe its very small, or maybe your not looking hard enough (or maybe my picture hasnt been approved yet heres another pic incase, hope it works)
im afriad if there was any bigger plant in there, it would dominate the tank
ce018-fish 001.jpg

dizzcat

by dizzcat

You really need a filter in there!

ChristinaBug2890

by ChristinaBug2890

he wont be around for long. poor lil fish :( a filter may help. If u get a chance to work with a bigger tank go for it. You'll have more fun. 30gals + is where its at.

DameMagnifique9373

by DameMagnifique9373

really?
you think i should have a 30 gallon tank for my one goldfish
i think thats a little excessive right now, hes pretty small
i regularly change his water, and i dont think i could get a filter in the tank hes in now,
he doesnt seem like hes under any stress at all, just a healthy happy goldfish.
i might get him a 5 or 10g for christmas

zambize

by zambize

Yup, you're gonna get "hate mail", as you put it. lol You're talking to dedicated fish people, ya' know. Goldfish create a whole lot of poop and you'll have to change his water several times a week to keep up with it. Also, goldfish grow very large. By Christmas he will have far outgrown even a 10 gallon. People are making the suggestions they are because goldfish are commonly kept in "goldfish bowls" by inexperienced people and the goldfish usually die fairly quickly for a number of reasons. Your goldfish really does need 1) a much, much larger tank because it will provide room to exercise, room for plants, room for tankmates, room to grow, and stable water quality, 2) filtration, 3) plants that will provide a feeling of security, and 4) tankmates. Without these things, your fish will not survive, and for the time he does survive, he will only be surviving, not thriving. Please think about these things.

Z

ChristinaBug2890

by ChristinaBug2890

Well put Z. I still regret treating goldfish that way when I was little and had no experience. They'll haunt me forever. Just curious damemagnifique what are your readings like in that tank?

megski

by megski

A ten gallon fish tank is only $10 at walmart and the filter they have doesn't cost much more. Then he would have room for something to hide in and he could breath. Don't you want your fish to be happy and healthy : /

DameMagnifique9373

by DameMagnifique9373

is not 10$. not at all.
my fish has no trouble breathing, he has gotten much much healthier since i bought him.
he could hide behind the rock in his tank if he wanted, but he is not a shy fish.
he is always trying to get my attention to feed him more.
ill make a huge apology to everyone when/if my fish dies.

29 posts • Page 1 of 3