Bolivian Ram Video

6 posts

Discuss all topics related to freshwater and planted tanks.

dizzcat

Bolivian Ram Video

by dizzcat

After many months of collecting short videos of my Rams, I now have compiled a short (15 mins) video of them, from flirting to spawn to kids.

It starts out with the pre-spawn behaviors, to the spawning, to the fry. Its not the best, but its kinda cool. I only wish the actual spawning video was better. Its a mix of two different cameras. I started taking the vids back in December 08. The fry are now 4 & 5 months old. I am going to be so sad when I have to part with them, its so fun to watch the whole family together! I only have 1 from the December spawn (the larger kid) and 5 from the Jan. spawn left, I rehomed a couple already.

Check it out and let me know what you think.

http://s530.photobucket.com/albums/dd35 ... ff382f.pbr

CedricAndCandy7566

by CedricAndCandy7566

Hey dizzcat...thats awesome!!! I love it!!!

Seriously, you've done a great job, the footage is excellent and you've put it together really well. Must have taken a lot of time and effort for you.

I can understand how you feel about your little ram family - I've got a little jack dempsey family at the moment and its great watching the process from flirting to fry.

Also: your tank is looking so good; the video really shows it up well and I love the way you've got it laid out. It really does look like a great environment for your fish.

Very impressive!!!

dizzcat

by dizzcat

Thanks! Yeah, I have been collecting video for awhile now. They are not actually in order as to when I took them. The spawning was done with an old camera back in Jan, and the best video was done last week with a better camera (my daughters, she doesn't know she's never getting it back LOL).

JazzyD_KingRoy

by JazzyD_KingRoy

Wow... that was so nice! Really, Ced&Candy said it all.
More people should feel like we do. lol
Well done.
Oh, and i also took alot of your advice. I uploaded a few more pictures 2day and i edited my fish list 2 what i have now. Still unsure about a few tho, even after looking through just about every possibley on cichlid fourm. Thanks 4 that site, its the best. Well maby u can help me. Thanks,
ttyl, JazzyD

dizzcat

by dizzcat

Thanks Jazzy
Your tank is looking good :-) How's everyone doing?

dane918

by dane918

hey dizzcat..just wanted to say i ended up putting a stack of rocks in my tank and they havent seemed to chamged their behaviour so kinda not bothered anymore
!

Bolivian Ram Video

6 posts