Guppy having babies right now!!!!!

8 posts

Discuss all topics related to freshwater and planted tanks.

CatherineG

by CatherineG

Ok so my guppy is having babies right now so far shes had 4 1 I had to get from the main tank 2 I had to get from the breeder box cause they didnt float down far enough I have a penn plax nursery that sucks the babies to a seperate compartment so one accualy went down far enough and got into the seperate part I hope I didnt stress her cause while getting the 4th baby the V trap messed up and I had to keep messing with it until I had to remove her to a diffrent container but now shes back in it and I fed her a little and she seems more relaxed I will feel so bad if I messed up her labor. How will I know when shes had all the babies?

adehaan86

by adehaan86

wait a week LOL,

If I had to guess. Wait 24 hours. Most species are done within 24 hours.

dizzcat

by dizzcat

You will be able to tell just by looking at her. She will be a lot thinner.

zambize

by zambize

A guppy may not be finished for up to 48 hours, but most likely like adeh said, within 24 hours, especially if this is her first time. I got lucky recently and saw a livebearer (a platy) actually give birth to one of her babies. While I was looking at her, her back sort of arched, then she pushed down, and out popped a live baby right in front of me. Very cool. I went yelling all over the house, but no one seemed nearly as impressed as I was.

Z

CatherineG

by CatherineG

Yeah I got to see her have 2 and I put my other pregnant one in a big pickle jug looking thing and cut a hole in the top and added a bubble stone just so she wouldnt have her babies in the tank since I didnt know when the other one would be out of the nursery and she started having babies so they both went into labor today and so far have had 4 each!

esparzar1

by esparzar1

Very exciting news! Hope all goes well!!!!!

zambize

by zambize

When the guppy moms start asking, and they will, you'll need a very, very small needle for the epidurals.

Z

CatherineG

by CatherineG

HaHa I wouldnt blame them if they could ok both of them still look pretty preggo the first ones gravid spot isnt as dark but I can still see like a few little eyes and she doesnt seem to want to have them and my other one which is a half black her gravid spot is still pitch black she looks a little slimmer but not much and if she had anymore then 4 babies she ate them but she doesnt seem hungry and the males where still chasing the other one even though in the breeder box her gravid spot was almost gone and I put her in the regular tank and it was darker so I put her in the thing I had the half black in and put the half black in the bredder box but I have gotten 3 out of the regular tank that the other had before I realized it but theres 10 babies in all. but how long will they go before they finish droping babies since I interupted them.

8 posts