male betta and a female betta

15 posts • Page 2 of 2

Discuss all topics related to freshwater and planted tanks.

gumbii

by gumbii

that's what i said edathome... it's the same with any species aggressive species... if you put two together one will kill the other... but if the aggression can be spread throught different tank mates it cuts down on the possibility of fish death...

i just discovered that i actually have two males and two females in my 25g tank... one of the female betta is beating up on my male... i took it out to look at him, and yes... it's a male... i guess it's my fault for not noticing... but i never thought that they would have a short tail plakant mixed with a bunch of female bettas... ha... they've been together in the same tank for 6-7 months now... i guess i have some mellow males...

they will both stay in that tank untill i see some physical damage... but untill then they're pretty chill with eachother...

edathome19824077

by edathome19824077

sorry gumbii! it wasn't you i was disagreeing with! it was f w pleco!
I also have cherry barbs and cinnamon gouramis with my betas! they are all really chilled and get on great! When i got the male beat i was told he had been taken back because he was too aggressive! i was on standby to fish out the females! when i released him, he wasn't aggressive he was just really horny. fanning himself out and chasing the females one after the other! all settled now though and i think one of the females may be pregnant! i will have to remove him though as i don't want to remove the females!

gumbii

by gumbii

wow... a gourami and a betta in the same tank...? i thought you couldn't mix bettas with other antabanoids like gourami... i wouldn't risk it...

and yeah... that's how i found out that female was a male... he started doing the dance to one of the females and chased off my half moon male...

OscarFan18

by OscarFan18

no...he will kill her. he can go with other fish but not his own species.

gumbii

by gumbii

this thread finished 15 days ago buddy... thx...

male betta and a female betta

15 posts • Page 2 of 2