I just wanted to say thanks

5 posts

Discuss all topics related to freshwater and planted tanks.

ismellfishy

by ismellfishy

I've finally bought fish and i'm glad to say they all survived and have been thriving, which may not sound like a big deal but in the past i've always had casualties within the first two weeks. My tank is coming along nicely and it's slowly becoming the tank i envisioned creating for years and years. I just wanted to say thanks to those that answered my questions and a special thanks to tomargir for taking the time to email me some very detailed info that helped me out alot. I finally posted pics and hope to post up more as my fishtank evolves.

zambize

by zambize

Your tank looks nice. I like the way your substrate is kind of hilly and not just flat across the bottom, makes it look more natural. Have you considered putting a black background across the back of your tank (on the outside)? It would really make the plants/decor and especially the fish stand out. It would also hide the electrical cords. I do it for most of my tanks and it really makes a difference. The background is cheaply purchased at Petsmart and you just tape it in place. Make sure the glass is really clean first, as well as dust and fingerprint-free.

Z

ismellfishy

by ismellfishy

Not a bad idea. wont it look dark though? I'm working on making a moss wall, heres a pic to show you what i mean... i guess you have to hit reply in order to see the pic
fbf7e-PL-MO03-09.jpg

zambize

by zambize

No, it won't look dark at all. In fact, it will reflect more light into the tank. It will look good.

Z

Burgerking7679

by Burgerking7679

Your tank is coming along nicely, but I have to agree on the background suggestion. Lots of us put it on there without the tank being too dark and your substrate is bright enough that you shouldn't have to worry. But if you find a background at the fish store that you like more than get that, its your tank, might as well have it the way you like it.

Anyways, your hard work is clearly paying off. Good job!

5 posts