I killed Charles Manson today.

6 posts

Discuss all topics related to freshwater and planted tanks.

zambize

by zambize

Have you ever heard of such a thing...a truly psychotically aggressive *guppy*, of all things. I got some new male guppies that were unusually aggressive, yes, aggressive. And upon close observation, it appeared to be one in particular, but I was late in discovering this and one poor guppy was murdered by him. (And there are no females present.) I named this homicidal maniac Charles Manson. I've kept guppies for quite a while and it is really rare that there is any aggression, much less homicide, between them.

Anyway, I moved Charles Manson to a tank with no guppies...the tank contained 9 female bettas and 2 dwarf gourami. I didn't give even the slightest thought to any possibility of Charles Manson committing inter-species murder. Well, in less than 24 hours Charles Manson killed *five* of my nine female bettas before I could stop him. But when I did discover his mass murder spree, I euthanized him.
Charles Manson is dead now, but not before he killed six. Sheesh.

Z

cedricandcandy

by cedricandcandy

A guppy killing bettas and dwarf gouramis..?....geez....quite a Charles Manson indeed!

MonkeyChunks

by MonkeyChunks

I have a small guppy that began attackign a sick and bigger Neon Tetra. It was a small male.

Tmercier834747

by Tmercier834747

I wonder..would a 9v battery be roughly equivalent to our electric chair for a fish...had I a guppy that decided to murder my german blue rams...i might just test the idea. =P

zambize

by zambize

Well, I used a product approved for humane euthanasia called Finquel....but I felt like using a hammer.

tomargir

by tomargir

You could have got him back to the LFS.

6 posts