ALGAE

4 posts

Discuss all topics related to freshwater and planted tanks.

platipus12321

ALGAE

by platipus12321

i am in need of an algae eater that is compatible with African cichlids

serial32

by serial32

Plecos are rarely bothered by Cichlids to my knowledge and will clean any algae on your glass within 24-48 hours.

freshwaterpleco

by freshwaterpleco

Plecostomus are very good algae eaters but they grow 18 inches. Just feed them algae wafers every other day. They are rarely harmed by cichlids.

Another great fish is called the algae eater and they only grow 10 inches or under for males. They like wafers and other vegatable matter. Sometimes they might get agressive when they are big but when they are small they are fine. They like strongly lit tanks that are big and have lots of water movement. The tempature should be 76 to 83.The p.h shoul be in between 5.5 and 9.5

Snowboss4492

by Snowboss4492

serial - -I'm not a fresh water person at all and any information I give you needs to be read and checked - I am posting this reply because as of today the other person who replied to you has been exposed as a ....well lets say "not such a good advise giver" and has shown himself not to be an expert but rather a post bully - - for example - PH is read from 1 to 14 with 7 being neutral and 5 to 9 is a pretty larger swing under 7 being acidic over 7 being basic - -and I know fish are usually on one side or the other but not both - example - salt water tanks want to be in the 8.0 to 8.3 range {see, much tighter tolerance} so here's a site I found for you to look at -I would check other sights as well..... and keep asking questions it's the only way we learn ...good luck

http://www.firsttankguide.net/algae.php

ALGAE

4 posts