Three Spotted Gourami help!! PLLLEEEAAASSSEEE!!!!!!!!

6 posts

Discuss all topics related to freshwater and planted tanks.

giggity

by giggity

I've had this Gourami for a couple months now and all of a sudden he stopped swimming... all day long he just floats in the same spot... I dont know much about fish diseases so any help would be great!!!! If there is something wrong with him please tell me....

Thanks,
Giggity

Tmercier834747

by Tmercier834747

Could be he's coming from where I got the 7 that perished in my 30gal. I keep German Blue Rams in this tank which are notoriously needy and are doing fine...but for some reason this tank annihilated gouramis. They were the only things to die in my 30gal... I gave up on them.

My only thoughts were that since they were labyrinthine fish (top-breathers like bettas) they needed more still-water conditions. I never found any documentation to support my theory though. lol I find it more likely they were all infected with something that's been killing off masses of them when exposed to central-filtration (like at your petsmart) and the ones that live long enough to make it to your house, well, they just hold out a bit longer. I hope I'm wrong...all I know is I'm done with gouramis.

a1k8t31524

by a1k8t31524

is he kinda floating off kilter? sideways or upside down or anything?

giggity

by giggity

Yea hes floatin sideways some.... somewhat like this /

a1k8t31524

by a1k8t31524

he prolly has a swim blatter problem..... try melaflix ....or however you spell it

giggity

by giggity

I tried that melaflax stuff and he's getting better... he eats more often now and swims. Thanks for ur help

6 posts