New Peacock Fry

4 posts

Discuss all topics related to freshwater and planted tanks.

Jacuzzi7754

New Peacock Fry

by Jacuzzi7754

My peacock females are being knocked up left and right. I just had my first success in breeding when I had to strip two of them after 3 weeks of holding and now have about 20 fry in a seperate 20 gallon. First question is my freeze dried Brine Shrimp cubes the same as freshly hatched brine shrimp that are recomended for fry? Also I have a kenyi male that is around 4 inches that is now getting a bluish hue to him. So is it possible for him to go back to being a female after so long? I feed them Spectrum pellets soaked in spirulina formula and assorted freeze dried and he has always shown good yellow color as he runs the tank. Thanks for any help.

BurgerKing7704

by BurgerKing7704

I feed my fry growth formula. I dont know of any african cichlids that can change sex. Kenyi's wont, but if they arent the dominant fish they will disguise themselves as females, neat.

jacuzzi7755

by jacuzzi7755

Well I dont get it he is the dominant fish among peacocks, he was raised with them so he shows little agression unless hes proving a point. He became really bright yellow and now he has a purplish hue all over I'll post pics later of him. I also read an article about aurutus cichlids changing sex so I dont know.

BurgerKing7704

by BurgerKing7704

Really?? I've never kept them because of their aggresive nature, so i wouldnt know.

New Peacock Fry

4 posts