Crazy yoyos

5 posts

Discuss all topics related to freshwater and planted tanks.

ChristinaBug2890

Crazy yoyos

by ChristinaBug2890

Hey everyone! I'v just been creeping around the site lately soaking in the information but not posting much. My tank has been doing really well and no problems since like...April or whenever it was that I started.

My fish are getting big and they're mostly getting along except for my 2 yoyo loaches. They're pretty good with hanging out with my clown loaches but one yoyo outgrew the other and now it sorta picks on it when it sees it. Its almost twice the size (when i got them they were exactly the same size) and they both eat well. I had asked awhile back if maybe one was male and the other female...it looks like they're both male but hard to tell on the smaller one. Any suggestions to minimize the stress level without adding more fish to spread the agression around? I love them so much and dont want to have to get rid of either of them but if it comes down to it maybe i'll have to eh?

Im at the max for the bio-load as it is so i refuse to over crowd the tank...and there are plenty of hiding spots and things to break the tank up into sections...still he's persistant in stressing out the smaller one...hmm...

ChristinaBug

a1k8t31524

by a1k8t31524

mabey he is just a bully...... sometimes you run into them and nothing can really be done about it besides take one out

a70m1c

by a70m1c

Maybe this extract from a book of mine will help:

"They are best kept in shoals of 5 or more, this helps distribute the rare abuse of the largest, alpha loach, and establishes a stable pecking order."

looks like you have a choice to make......get rid of one or buy 3 more.

ChristinaBug2890

by ChristinaBug2890

I should have made better choices...either 5 clowns or 5 yoyos...instead of mixing. I knew that and i dont even know why i didnt follow the advice. This might be a good reason to ask for a bigger tank for x-mas. "please mom and dad, my fish are fighting, I need a another tank so i can separate them"...lol. Yeah separation is my best option.

Tmercier834747

by Tmercier834747

I feel your pain..except thats just because rams are nearly impossible to sex lol (despite all the ''key indicators'' i've been shown) until they grow up big and strong and start doing things like butting heads in full color, fins flared to the max..good thing their bark is way more menacing than their bite. O.o

I realized yesterday without a doubt I have two males. -.- so much for baby $15 fish...

Hope you get that 100gal for xmas. =D

Crazy yoyos

5 posts