Compressicep Cichlid - anyone have one?

5 posts

Discuss all topics related to freshwater and planted tanks.

cedricandcandy

by cedricandcandy

Hi!

Malawi Eyebiter - Dimidiochromis Compressicep

Does anyone own one of these? If so, I'd love to see pictures.

Are they really as agro as reported? We want to add one to our Malawi Cichlid tank with a Strigatus, Fusco, Mangiano, Electric Blues and Yellows...would this work?

Thanks.

gumbii

by gumbii

i had a couple of albino's... they reproduce like crazy... i ended up selling them to people for a buck each... at my LFS they go for 4 bucks a pop... sometimes less...

they're really mellow, but i only had them with a colony of other compressiceps cichlids... so i wouldn't know how they would react with other malawi's...

cedricandcandy

by cedricandcandy

Yeah the word is that they can only be in a tank with other compressiceps, so it'll be interesting if anyone has had them with other species.

gumbii

by gumbii

i have seen them in tanks with severums, discus, tetra's, angelfish, oscars, and asst cichlids...

i don't know if these people knew what was going on, or even if those people knew what kind of fish it was...

and again... any one species of malawi cichlid will do great in a species tank... but once you mix them up there might be problems... but that's also said for labidochromis caerelieauoieursjfdsl... so there's only one way to find out...

cedricandcandy

by cedricandcandy

We will get one and it'll go with the others. So I guess we'll risk our other fish, but like you said...there's only one way to find out.
At the moment our cichlids are in a 4ft tank, but we're upgrading soon to a 6ft tank. And the compressicep will go in there.
I'd still like to hear anyone's experiences with them though...

5 posts