snake oil?

4 posts

Discuss all topics related to freshwater and planted tanks.

jprich

snake oil?

by jprich

Another website had a 'what would you use in your aquarium' asked of the owners of the site.
One thing they mentioned was chemicals from here:

http://azgardens.com/aquarium_chemicals.php

So is that snake oil or useable stuff?

a1k8t31524

by a1k8t31524

huh snake oil......what are you talking about?

jprich

by jprich

"Snake oil is a traditional Chinese medicine used to treat joint pain. However, the most common usage of the phrase is as a derogatory term for compounds offered as medicines which implies that they are fake, fraudulent, quackish, or ineffective. The expression is also applied metaphorically to any product with exaggerated marketing but questionable or unverifiable quality."

Sorry. lol
I would have said 'fish oil' but that would have really confused people.

yasherkoach

by yasherkoach

STAY AWAY FROM AS MANY CHEMICALS AS YOU CAN!!!!

also, if you google azgardens, you will find many complaints about this site. I put azgardens reviews in the google space and I received many bad reviews. So I emailed azgardens about the reviews, and azgardens never ever responded even though at one time, weeks ago, I asked them about their shipping costs, and I received a prompt reply (their shipping costs were way too much).

my advice, do not trust azgardens.

also, stay away from any chemicals. As long as you are regularly changing the water, you are not overfeeding and, dependent upon the fish and invertebrates you have in the tank, you place some aquariujm salt in the tank (for stress), your freshwater aquarium inhabitants will be fine.

Snake oil?

The only "snake oil" you'll receive is a bad "review".

My advice, when in doubt, DON'T!!!!

snake oil?

4 posts