Rating System

9 posts

Discuss all topics related to freshwater and planted tanks.

dehn

Rating System

by dehn

Seriously. Do my tanks look like 1's to you? Annoying trolls.
a531c-1 (3).jpg
d3e15-120_rock_1.1.jpg

Mike0372983

by Mike0372983

I had the same problem
I would give you at least a 6

dehn

by dehn

Thanks! I thought I was a solid 6 or even a 7. (proud papa and all) Going to look at yours now.

doomydarkdoom

by doomydarkdoom

I would probably give a 7 or 8. I try to be pretty generous with my higher scores to offset the jerks who just give zeroes and ones....

I especially like the second one, though.

jweb1369

by jweb1369

I would give you a 1 just for posting this topic.
Obviously if you and your fish enjoy the tank, that's all that matters.

yasherkoach

by yasherkoach

I'd give you a solid 7 - I'd give you a 9 but you need to fill in the back of the tank - 7 is pretty darn good.

Many rocks, cool. You need more plants in the background. Personally, I do not care for tanks with no background. Regardless if the background is natural or artificial, fill in the gaps. I hate looking at filters and tubing. Make it an ecosystem.

FILL IN THE GAPS. Make the fish feel at home. Outside of a bouy (man-made) where in freshwater or saltwater habitats do you see tubing, wiring and/or GLASS!!!!

Change the background, you get a solid 9. And I agree with doomy, the 2nd pic is especially cool.

I look forward to your 3rd pic (((smiles)))

jweb1369

by jweb1369

i'll repost, because I do think your tank looks cool. I just don't like the post about whining because you get low scores. Everyone does, that's just life on the forum...

Most likely people just want to view pics of tanks to get ideas and just keep rating low to see new pics. They don't understand how to use the gallery, or top 10 for that matter.

yasherkoach

by yasherkoach

I agree with jweb, the pics helps with developing your own ideas to create a great looking tank. I've seen highly rated tanks just for a few fishes swimming about up close to the camera shot (((sigh)))

participate by rating the tanks if you think it deserves it, also read the profiles, it helps to know what is in the tank. For instance, some tanks look really really cool, only to read that most of the live pllants are artificial...I rate higher for a more natural ecosystem aka live plants, natural wood, stones/rocks.

enjoy the forum, you'll meet really good people on this web site. People that truly care about their fish and live plants. People who do not believe fish are just these floating things in a tank, but fish who have personalities, temperaments.

It's a cool site, enjoy yourself!!!

Mike0372983

by Mike0372983

meh
dont worry about it
if your happy with it thats all that really matters...
and I agree the second one does look REALLY nice, because of the sand

Rating System

9 posts