How can i improve my fish tank???

11 posts • Page 1 of 2

Discuss all topics related to freshwater and planted tanks.

j_bball_rox

by j_bball_rox

How can i improve my fish tank
8c92d-fish tank question picture.JPG

bacrosslin

by bacrosslin

As i have recently learned.... try a black background it will make your fish etc... stand out more and not blend in.

j_bball_rox

by j_bball_rox

thanks i will try that i like that idea it will go with my bedroom lol

Yours,J

bacrosslin

by bacrosslin

i cant see if u do but if not u might want to throw in a 6 or 12" air stone or strip

j_bball_rox

by j_bball_rox

what are the affects of an airstone?

and do you know how to clean the stones because they are brownish now or is that normal?

Thanks, J

bacrosslin

by bacrosslin

Airstones help keep proper Ph levels, which is very important.
Airstones are bio-degradable so they will turn colors and also dissolve over a long period of time. You can throw it away and get a new one. I have just started using the air strips, they are not as porous as the stones and can be wiped off easily.

j_bball_rox

by j_bball_rox

cool that would help a lot

Thanks bacrosslin, J

bacrosslin

by bacrosslin

No prob, netime. have fun !!

supertank

by supertank

from looking at your profile, as a new user myself i have learnt from trial and error. i have a 120l tank, 33gal i think. i wud say ensure that you have cycled you tank, read up on the fishless cycle. also be carful not to over stock your tank you seem to have about 16 fish in there, most people wud say you have reach your limit or even past it. it just mean that its easier to manage an the cycle will crash if you overstock, resulting in fish dying.. an air stone would look good and also proved oxygenated water etc. reseach new fish as i found i bout 2 iridescent sharks a few weeks ago the pet guy said they wont grow too big, but from reading i have found that they will outgrow any tank.lol. so ill be in trouble in a few months or yeasr time.ha. ensure you do regular water changes esp with the number of fish you have and also remember to vacuum the gravel. i usually do a 30% water change once or twice a week and would do a gravel clean at the same time. try vary your food i use flakes and bloodworms, but will look into using a wider range. means the fish will be healthier. look for any changes in behaviour, eating, swimming etc and visible change. white spot is a regular, i lost my molly to this but have since treated the tank for ich(white spot). god this is long i really shud get back to work. hope this helps.

supertank

j_bball_rox

by j_bball_rox

thanks super tank i have 18 fish but the 5 neons are only about 0.75cm long so about two makes up an inch so only bout 2 gallons of fish there. and im thinking of putting my neons in my 8 gallon tank. so since they are only bout 2 gallons of fish i think if i want to put bigger fish in my 18 gallon tank i can put my 3 glowlights, 5 neons in the other tank but i dont which catfish to put.

11 posts • Page 1 of 2