Corydoras missing???

7 posts

Discuss all topics related to freshwater and planted tanks.

jorivesud

Corydoras missing???

by jorivesud

I'm missing a corydoras in my tank. I've been counting them everyday for 1 week, and I definitely miss one. I could not find any dead body anywhere. My tank is fairly dense with plants, and have some shrimps(amano). Could the shrimps have eaten the dead body (I'm assuming the missing cory died)? If this is possible, how long would it take for 3 amano shrimps to eat it.

dizzcat

by dizzcat

Have you looked under all the rocks? I had a dead fish I could not find anywhere, it some how was stuck in a barrel thing I had back then and even tho I lifted it up it didn't come out. Then one day it came floating out. So sad :-(

a1k8t31524

by a1k8t31524

if the top of your tank has any holes in it it is possible that he jumped out ....even the smallest hole, and the shrimp could have eaten the dead fish, ansl if you have any snails they could have taken part in this, considering that you have live plants i am certin that you have snails, and other fish will eat dead fish too...

Tmercier834747

by Tmercier834747

36 hours or less more than likely. Possibly much faster.

jorivesud

by jorivesud

Wow! If shrimps can eat it that fast, I likely missed the dead body (I had to leave home for 3 days about a week ago and it was their before I left). I guess it's a good thing to have such an efficient crew around ;-)

doomydarkdoom

by doomydarkdoom

Fish are really good at disappearing once they die... he may well pop up somewhere in a few days. I swear I have looked under every rock, in every plant, and behind every filter intake before, and STILL, the fish later appears. I assume there is some alternate dimension they go to for a while.

Zambize4899

by Zambize4899

They really disappear if you have light substrate. I just had a Panda Corydoras die but was fairly easy to find against the black sand in my tank.

Z

Corydoras missing???

7 posts