quick question maybe someone can help

4 posts

Discuss all topics related to freshwater and planted tanks.

seankh

by seankh

I got a question can i cut the tubes for my ugf to make them less visable or do they have to be that tall? I also use them for water movement since i keep my water level full cause i do not like to hear my tank. Will cutting the tubes cause any problems with the way the ugf works?

a1k8t31524

by a1k8t31524

i would just say nix the whole thing together or reverse it... take a look at some ov my frofile pictures see what a ugf did after a year in my tank

seankh

by seankh

thats kind of nasty!! Ive had mine in the tank for about a year now but i do a 15% water change weekly. what do you mean reverse it?

a1k8t31524

by a1k8t31524

i did 50% onece a week b/c i had fancy goldfish and fancy goldfish tend to be a bit messy and by reversing you hook up powerheads to the intake tubes and force water down through the intake tubes and up through the UGF plates...... it is alot more effective than airstones..... i am almost positive that my UGJ was the cause of the massive fish loss i had about a year ago .... woke up one day and bam......everything was dead... and went to clean it and that is what i found.... and like i said i did 50% water changes weekley with and i vaccumed the gravel every eater change also

4 posts