TANK DECORATION

4 posts

Discuss all topics related to freshwater and planted tanks.

supertank

TANK DECORATION

by supertank

HI GUYS,
JUST BOUGHT A NEW FRESHWATER TANK AND AM TRYING TO SET THE SCENE BEFORE ADDING FISH ETC. I HAVE GRAVEL AND I HAVE SET 2 NICE LIGHT COLOURED SLATE STONE AGAINST EACH OTHER, I HAVE USED THE GRAVEL TO PACK AROUND THE BOTTOM OF THE ROCKS. IT FEEL PRITTY SECURE TO ME BUT IS THERE ANY DANGER OF THE FISH KNOCKING THESE OVER. ALSO I HAVE A FILTER/HEATER UNIT IN THE BACK CORNER OF MY TANK, I PLAN TO DISCUISE THIS WITH PLANT. ARTIFICIAL OR REAL???? ANY ADVANTAGE OR DISADVANTAGES. ALSO I HAVE SEEN OTHER PEOPLES TANKS WHICH HAVE BUBBLES COMING FROM UNDER THERE GRAVEL MAKES IT LOOK ALOT BETTER IN MY OPINION HOW DO I ACHIEVE THIS AFFECT?????

ANY ADVICE WOULD BE MUCH APPRECIATED

CHEERS

a1k8t31524

by a1k8t31524

well as far as the rocks go, that all depends on the type of fish you are getting. Larger fish yes there is a danger of them getting knocked over, but not with smaller fish. Umm the heater should go in the middle just so that there is more even disbutrsment of the heat. if you keep it in the corner you might have a hot or cold spot in the tank. An even better option on that is to have two smaller heaters, one on each side. I do not like fake plants i prefer all live, but with thoes you have a whole other ball of wax, i.e. lighting...feterlizer.....
and you need to look at a bubble wand is you want the bubbles, they run off of an airpump

jweb1369

by jweb1369

most freshwater fish are fine and wont knock over rocks, unless you have bigger goldfish or cichlids. I would not put the heater behind decorations or anything as this will not allow the water to disperse from around the heater and leave a warm pocket of water in that area and not the entire tank. Unless you have a power head or great water circulation in your tank I would not hide the heater.

Sumthing_Fishy

by Sumthing_Fishy

You can get a bubble wand at walmart for about $2, string of airline for about $1.50, and a air pump for about $5. Heater and filter in the middle of the tank and you can hide it somewhat with a higher plant or centerpiece in front of it.

TANK DECORATION

4 posts