best freshwater web site ever visited?

6 posts

Discuss all topics related to freshwater and planted tanks.

yasherkoach

by yasherkoach

I started a post about the best fish book ever read, and I've drawn a conclusion that few people read books these days.

Tmercier83 gave me a great web site (aqualand), and after that, I decided to change the post to: best freshwater web site ever visited?

I've visited many web sites on freshwater aquariums and its inhabitants; my fave is http://www.thekrib.com. There are others I will list as I browse the internet as time goes by to enhance this thread.

So tell me guys, what is the best web site or web sites you've visited.

miami754

by miami754

The ones I frequent are:

(1) This one
(2) www.fishgeeks.com
(3) www.cichlids.com (the forum is not too active, but I like looking at everyone's pictures on the homepage)

I really limit it to those. I know there are alot of other ones out there and probably some better ones, but these are just the ones I have grown used to.

gumbii

by gumbii

oh i forgot about fishgeeks... i used to moderate...lol...

miami754

by miami754

Yeah, fishgeeks is good. I do find that people tend to be a bit extreme there about fish care and tend to be rude from time to time. I understand needing to ensure that people take proper care, but they tend to go nuts sometimes. That is why I don't go there so much anymore (although it is a very informative and active site).

Peterkarig3210

by Peterkarig3210

I like fish geeks too for detailed info on planted tanks and co2, though they seem to think you're an idiot if you don't have a planted tank with a fancy co2 system. I think big egos are stupid.

Aquariumforums is retarded IMO as they have all kinds of medals and awards that make peoples avatars look like military medal pin boards. The mods there are assholes too and spend most of their time editing and threatning if you dissagree with them. William the administrator should fire all the mods but he's too much of a pushover to do the right thing.

yasherkoach

by yasherkoach

I checked out fishgeeks, very good site. I have it bookmarked

6 posts