Chinese Algae Eaters

3 posts

Discuss all topics related to freshwater and planted tanks.

LeviNHeidi4480

Chinese Algae Eaters

by LeviNHeidi4480

I have 2 CAE and they have been fine with my other fish ever since we got them. We've had them for about 2 months now. I have tiger barbs, tetras, goldfish, guoramis, and corys. Lately I've noticed that the one CAE has been harrassing the other fish. I know they can get territorial, but he'll chase my other fish all over the tank and try to latch on to them. I've done a bit of research and I've found that other people have had CAE that have killed their other fish, but they were all stories of their CAE being 3 in. or more in size. Mine are still just little guys. I'm just wondering if I should get rid of the little jerk or if he'll go back to his peaceful self again.

Peterkarig3210

by Peterkarig3210

Ha ha ha! I won't be able to help you with this fish. I have a 14 inch arowana that I feel the same about. It nips my other fish at times and I'm thinking of returning it to the aquarium store. In a confined space you just have to get along!

dnimidej

by dnimidej

CAE! possibly one the worst fish to buy!they start out as nice algae eaters, untill they get older,then they try to feed off the slime coat of your other fish.! this is why he trying to latch onto your other fish, he wants to suck there slime coat! i would suggest removing the CAE. ive made the same mistake unaware of what i was buying,never listen to petco/petsmart workers as they are just trying to push sales of the items that are not selling.

Chinese Algae Eaters

3 posts