DOES ANYBODY KNOW WHY??

5 posts

Discuss all topics related to freshwater and planted tanks.

seankh

DOES ANYBODY KNOW WHY??

by seankh

SO I SWITCHED MY AFRICANS MBUNAS FROM A 30 GALLON INTO A 55 GALLON YESTERDAY AND NOW THEY ARE ACTING SPOOKED ALL THE TIME. I USE TO BE ABLE TO WALK BY THE TANK OR OPEN THE LID AND THEY WOULDNT HIDE NOW ANY MOVEMENT NEAR THE TANK MKES THEM RUN AND HIDE EVEN DURING FEEDING TIME. IS THIS NORMAL FROM GOING TO FOM A SMALL TANK TO A MUCH LARGER TANK?

miami754

by miami754

Yeah, it is normal. Give them a little bit to adjust to their new surroundings and then they will be fine.

seankh

by seankh

thank you

yasherkoach

by yasherkoach

IT would be like moving from a studio apartment into a stadium. Fish get stressed for several reasons. But like the other post said, in time, the fish will adjust. The main thing is that the fish do not stress you out. JUst keep your cool and in time, the fish will adjust. The fish have much more space - personally, anything over 40 gallons is best, so you did the best thing - the fish will scout out its space, new territories will be made, and you will see, in a few weeks, your fish will be much happier to see you. The fish will be calm and you will be too.

GreenMandarin6731

by GreenMandarin6731

Was some of the orignal water content also moved to the new tank if so ...The real reason is, is that yes they look "spooked" and may even show accelerated heart beat rates ans look stressed when all they want todo is escape thinking there is more room to the tank then what there actually is, once they figure out that they're stuck and that is all the room there is they'll adjust and recognize their new surroundings and continue exploring it.

DOES ANYBODY KNOW WHY??

5 posts