My fish have there own webiste! Check it out!

6 posts

Discuss all topics related to freshwater and planted tanks.

Amd64User4108

by Amd64User4108

Ive included a live webcam,
pictures of the new bio wheel,
And a few videos to the videos section..
More to come so as always stay tuned!

Http://MyComputerGuy.HopTo.Org/FA.htm

Freshwater Adventures ^^

Peterkarig3210

by Peterkarig3210

I had fun looking at your site. Too bad the live-cam is off. Could you tell me what is so good about the Bio-wheel filters? They look cool, but why wouldn't a filter with bigger filter pads be just as good?

Amd64User4108

by Amd64User4108

To be honest thats really the point of it i guess because it has additional spots for media filters, "Different Chemicals" as well the bio wheel itself acts as a biological filter. Honestly tho its all a matter of opinnion and maintenance, cause ive seen undergravels that looked great using powerheads.

Its pretty good, since ive had it up the water has not yet clouded on me, altho the glass gets bad every 2 weeks and needs to be wash clothed down, along with a 10% water change.

Peterkarig3210

by Peterkarig3210

They're kind of cool with the turning weels I guess. I have a couple cannister filters I like a lot that you can put the ceramic peices and lots of that black porous bio-filter material in but it's hard not to spill water when you clean them and it's a pain to have to prime the ones I have with the little funnel. I also have a couple Tetra techs hang-off filters that have a cool feature of periodally dumping the water, like a wave maker sort of, and they have a replacable built-in heater that shuts off when there isn't any water flowing over it; no more broken heaters because I forgot to turn them off during water changes. I want to show off my aquariums too, but I want to get on top of an algae problem in my 100 gallon first. I put lilly pads in this tank from a coy pond and introduced a velvety, impossible to remove manually, black algae. I don't want to kill all my plants and or the fish so I'm waiting to get rid of my 14 inch arowana and talapia (to reduce waste) to see if reduced waste products solves the problem. I was thinking of putting a copper treatment in but I was worried that may kill some plants. I want to showcase my various gars. They're very primitive swimming alligators basically.

Amd64User4108

by Amd64User4108

I remember you saying something about the algae problem here in the forums.
Your setup sounds very nice tho, I am moving into planted tanking on this one myself after i get this canvas built.

Peterkarig3210

by Peterkarig3210

I thought it looked nice too untill this weird algae got going. I've never had so many problems in the tanks I've had over the years untill this one, and I have 2 large canister filters and 2 huge powerheads working the undergravel filter.

6 posts