Favorite aquarium size?

4 posts

Discuss all topics related to freshwater and planted tanks.

fish123

Favorite aquarium size?

by fish123

What's your all around favorite aquarium size, if you have a favorite?

tetrafan

Re: Favorite aquarium size?

by tetrafan

If we're talking about a display tank I really like around the 100-150 gallon size for a large room like the living room. It's big and draws the eye but doesn't take up a huge amount of space. Okay, it takes up way more space than a 10 gallon does but for a large sized display tank it fits the bill.

If we're talking about convenience, I like using 10 gallons for quarantine, hospital tanks and breeding tanks. They're a very handy size for most things. I have several empty 10 gals I use whenever the need arises.

johnlee

by johnlee

I like when I can see my aquarium on my table, so Im in favor of 10 gallons, you can put there betta fish or other small fish like blue german rams. They are beautiful and its good for any budget.

reefer171

by reefer171

I like a standard 55g. It's a good beginner size IMHO for saltwater or freshwater. I think new fish keepers sometimes don't succeed simply because they're dealing with such a small water volume in many cases (well, that and a lack of research if we're talking about the general population and not just new, dedicated fish keepers). Generally the bigger the tank the easier it is to keep the water clean.

Favorite aquarium size?

4 posts