I'm BAAAACK

4 posts

Member introductions and random (non-aquarist) topics.

tmercier83

I'm BAAAACK

by tmercier83

I've been out of the tank scene for awhile but fired up the old 16gal bow front this past weekend. It suffered a terri-bad algae bloom (blue-green algae) a couple years back and I lost everything - except the fish - which have since been donated to friends with tanks. I also sold my 30gal hex. The 16 is currently cycling with 5 panda corys who seem to be loving their new surroundings with some moneywort, vals, and wisteria. Gonna throw some neon tetras in for good measure once the cycle is complete. Nothing exciting, I know, but I'm so happy to have a running tank again!

Don't know if any of my old "buds" are still around but if you aren't, hello to everyone, regardless.

I decided to check back in here to give myself some refreshers. Fish-keeping isn't quite like riding a bike but its coming back to me pretty quickly the more I read. :)
Last edited by tmercier83 on Fri May 23, 2014 1:07 pm, edited 1 time in total.

tmercier83

Re: I'm BAAAACK

by tmercier83

Thanks, my tank photo is misleading now as the 16gal is a shadow of its' former self. I will check yours out post haste--the thumb looks great. =D

The strangest fish I kept was a bushy-nose pleco. Weird weird weird looking guy. The hardest to keep were my german blue rams. I'm still not sure why they perished. They lived in an established 30 gallon with no aggressors.

tmercier83

by tmercier83

I had a 5 gallon hex that housed a dwarf puffer. He was awesome. He'd sit on my desk and watch me perform every day tasks. He also loved snails. He lived there all alone but always seemed to be doing something whether it be watching me or hunting his very slow prey.

I would intentionally overfeed my other tanks to give him a constant supply of snails. I also gave him bloodworm (I think that's what it was called?) which I think was what eventually did him in. He developed some sort of infection and died but we had a good few years together.

khushfehmi045

by khushfehmi045

The strangest fish I kept was a bushy-nose pleco. Weird weird weird looking guy. The hardest to keep were my german blue rams. I'm still not sure why they perished. They lived in an established 30 gallon with no aggressors.???

I'm BAAAACK

4 posts