Questions? Check our Forums
Latest topic : NO NEED TO WATER CHANGE EVER AGAIN

ForumsFreshwater / Planted Tank Discussion • NO NEED TO WATER CHANGE EVER AGAIN

NO NEED TO WATER CHANGE EVER AGAIN

Discuss all topics related to freshwater and planted tanks.
17 posts • Page 1 of 912345 ... 9

NO NEED TO WATER CHANGE EVER AGAIN

Postby yasherkoach » Sun Dec 11, 2011 7:48 pm

DO NOT TRY THIS UNLESS YOU ARE EXPERIENCED

I have proven that there is no need to water change ever again - that's right, EVER AGAIN!
How? Simple -

Anyone on this forum who knows me, knows that the tank I have has no filtration, no lighting except for aeration provided by a few air stones to produce the much needed oxygen and a heater...all else is natural rock/stone, wood and live plants with naturally grown cladophora (algae). This is the tank set-up.

I use absolutely no chemicals in the tank. I have 40 fish in the tank. I test every Sunday for ammonia, nitrite and nitrate. I test for temperature every day. There is direct sunlight on one half of the tank. I fed Monday, Wednesday, Friday and Saturday (human food and frozen bloodworms and shrimp).

Topped off the tank one or two days per week with a gallon or so of tap water.

This is the tank set-up.

October 16, 2011 was the last time I water changed. The chemicals, ammonia, nitrite and nitrate remained steady (ammonia: 0; nitrite 0; nitrate 40). On December 4, 2011 the ammonia level rose to 1.5 ppm, nitrite to 0.25 ppm and nitrate to 60 ppm.

I asked myself, should I water change or can I approach this in another way...........naturally.

I did not feed the fish in the tank (from Sunday, December 4, 2011 to December 11, 2011 Sunday); the fish were not lethargic, as playful as ever...and the liquid water test on December 11, 2011 revealed: ammonia 0; nitrite: 0; nitrate 40.

Yes, the fish get to eat on Monday (((smiles)))

Again, I have proven the fish industry is a huge hoax. The "experts" are more stupid than ever. It's all about the chemicals and the regulation thereof.

yasherkoach

Postby DanDman18 » Sun Dec 11, 2011 11:19 pm

So if ammonia goes up you should/could just not feed them until it goes back down?

DanDman18

17 posts • Page 1 of 912345 ... 9

Return to Freshwater / Planted Tank Discussion