Questions? Check our Forums
Latest topic : NO NEED TO WATER CHANGE EVER AGAIN

ForumsFreshwater / Planted Tank Discussion • Betta got shredded

Betta got shredded

Discuss all topics related to freshwater and planted tanks.
7 posts • Page 1 of 41234

Betta got shredded

Postby natalie265 » Mon Feb 22, 2010 2:15 am

As unlikely as it seems, i think my betta, Beau, hopped the barrier into Edgar's side of the tank, got his ass kicked, and hopped back over.

I found him today completely shredded. He is a HM and his big, beautiful tail is almost completely gone. From what i understand, bettas are pretty good jumpers, and i might have grossly underestimated this ability when i filled the water up to an inch and a half short of the top of the divider. Anyone want to weigh in on what might have happened? I just don't know how else to explain the sudden, shredded fins. Edgar shows no signs of a fight.

natalie265
Site Admin

Postby Peterkarig3210 » Mon Feb 22, 2010 6:08 am

I had a fish jump out of a small hole in one tank and fly about 8 inches into the small hole in the tank next to it. It went back to it's origonal tank.

The fish was about 7 inches long and the hole it went into was 2 inches wide and about 6 inches long. This was a Hujeta Characin, a long fish that looks like a gar.

Sorry to hear your fish got ripped up by the other......which is probably what happened I'd think, but I'm sure it'll grow it's fins back.

Were they fighting through the devider?

Peterkarig3210

7 posts • Page 1 of 41234

Return to Freshwater / Planted Tank Discussion