Need Help with High Ammonia!

30 posts • Page 3 of 3

Discuss all topics related to freshwater and planted tanks.

Alasse

by Alasse

Now generally i am not one for adding chemicals to a tank, but there are occassions where they are required. They are not always a bad thing

I recently used an API ammonia lock product, mind you my ammonia levels were completely off the charts (it was a toxic dump and deadly in seconds to fish!), the tank has suffered no ill effects from me using this, infact it has sped the cycling process along, by forcing the ammonia to a non toxic form, though the tank will still test positive to ammonia.

If your fish as showing no signs of stress, then let the tank run its cycling course

yasherkoach

by yasherkoach

most fish can tolerate a high ph, so you are okay here

well if your ammonia is testing at 0.50 ppm or less, this ammonia will not affect live plants...actually, the sooner you can get an assorted bunch of live plants in the tank the nitrates will be used as food for the plants, thereby helping your tank greatly (Jack needs to become a member of this forum so he can learn (((smiles)))

get a hold of clove oil, place about a teaspoon in a pint of water to put the fish down (it is painless)...upside down fish means swim bladder disease and it is very painful for a fish plus to cure it is near impossible - put it down

Tiger Barbs will pick on the mollies...Tiger Barbs are semi-aggressive fish

considering the rest of the fish look fine, then you need not worry about any further problems, but if you have any questions we are here to help

Need Help with High Ammonia!

30 posts • Page 3 of 3