ADDING NEW FISH.

12 posts • Page 1 of 2

Discuss all topics related to saltwater / reef tanks.

joyce123

ADDING NEW FISH.

by joyce123

Ok, so i have 75G tank. It has about 90lbs of LS and about 100lbs of LR. i already have some snail, sandsifting stars, turbos, and a crab or two. i have a condylactis, a yellow taild damsel and a true Lemonpeel Angel. i want to put some corals and sponges in there to, but i dont know which one to get to start off with. and what other types of fish i should put in there also.
thanks alot
01968-JUST WATER- 12 7 09.JPG

mro2you2

by mro2you2

remove the crabs. Wait ,did the fish you listed come with the live Rock?

joyce123

by joyce123

The fish didnt come with the live rock. i got the rock from a friend and the sand from a few friends.... i got the fish from a pet store around here.(petco). there isnt reallly a choice for fish here in Idaho, USA. the crab is a red legged reef hermit...

jdak702

by jdak702

The crab is fine. I have several petco's in town and it is hard to find any coral there. I only shop there for the dogs. Do you have the lights to support coral or do you have fish only light. If you want a community tank, i would not getting a pair of clowns. Mine own the tank and are very agressive. Even towards me.

joyce123

by joyce123

i have the lights for the corals... i want to have both fish a nd corals and stuff...... but my kids want at least one "nemo", so ill have to get one. any ideas of what corals and sponges to start off with first.

mro2you2

by mro2you2

zoas, mushrooms, polyps, xenia, etc.

Be prepared that may your kids want a anemone to, I know how that goes.......lol

Sorry I asked about the crab, I didnt want your livestock to end up dead over a crab.

joyce123

by joyce123

its all good..... and about the anemone.. i already have a condylactis. do you order your corals or do you get them from a local fish store.
4e8e0-codalyctus.jpg

breaknrun911

by breaknrun911

as far as the NEM's go make sure they are all the same type if you mix species of NEM's they will fight one another to the death. another thing you need to be careful about is when you have NEM's and corals there is a possibility that the NEM's will sting and KILL your coral. i work @ my LFS on the wknds part-time and of course i get them from there. but we do get some customers that want coral we dont have in stock and they can order them. there are some sites you can order them from but u dont know what you are ordering until u get it so that is a risk you will have to take

joyce123

by joyce123

thanks. i think i might do some more reshearch on my corals and sponges before i decide to order some..... maybe take a look around here somemore at the local (i mean that term loosley, since my closest store is 45 min away) stores.
if you have a ny reliable online sites to order from it would be great..

fihsboy

by fihsboy

www.liveaquaria.com

The best site to order from.......expensive.......but its quality stuff.

ADDING NEW FISH.

12 posts • Page 1 of 2