Tiny Air Bubbles

Discuss all topics related to freshwater and planted tanks.
13 posts • Page 1 of 712345 ... 7

Tiny Air Bubbles

Postby Rodrick » Tue Dec 09, 2008 9:22 am

When I started up my water had a whole lot of tiny air bubbles BUT after a day or 2 they went away and the water was 100% clear. Now 5 weeks later they have come back and I was wondering if it has anything to do with the water. I have a spray bar from my cannister which sits just above the water line. I know this has something to do with it BUT is there anything else I need to test for in the water such as chlorine ect ect. (I did a 30% water change 2 weeks ago, but conditioned it) It just looks really crappy with all the bubbles and because they were not there and now have come back I thought something might be up with the water.

Postby Tmercier834747 » Tue Dec 09, 2008 9:00 pm

Well having your spraybar above the waterline will most likely have almost everything to do with it. Unless you're noticing most of your bubble concentration after cleaning your canister. Mine always takes 6-12 hours to push all the micro bubbles trapped in sponges and whatnot out of the canister after cleaning. At any rate under most circumstances bubbles are good...

If your canister intake line has a priming valve cap at the top of it check to make sure that's tight also. If its not air can get sucked in that way.

That's a nice looking tank you've got. The actinics make the faux plants and rocks look nifty.

And I know what you mean about your wife. lol Its funny how jealous a girl can get over fish...I wonder what'll happen when I finally get a cat.

13 posts • Page 1 of 712345 ... 7

Return to Freshwater / Planted Tank Discussion