Tiny Air Bubbles

13 posts • Page 1 of 2

Discuss all topics related to freshwater and planted tanks.

fedric

by fedric

Usually freshwater fish are considered the pets for people that are either lazy or don't really want to take care of something They may like the idea of a pet but perhaps one that you don't have to interact with as often as others, underestimating the responsibility of freshwater fish care.

-----------------
http://www.simplyfishtanks.co.uk/

Alasse

by Alasse

I use a spray bar on my goldie tank, i have it slightly above the water surface. I definately do not have it their for my benefit, its noisy *L* Its there to give me good surface agitation in this tank. I am not a fan of in tank air bubblers, but hey thats me.

I also have a spray bar in my 2.5ft, why because the bar right acroos the back of the tank, and keep all areas of tank well circulated. Instead of one large jet, i get the benefit of 12 smaller jets. Plants dont get the lean to one side look and i i stated i get far better circulation.

With both spray bars i do not get micro bubbles or any major bubbles in the tank, all it does is agitate the surface

yasherkoach

by yasherkoach

agitation is good for it helps to provide plentiful oxygen

Alasse

by Alasse

My planted tank do not require agitation, and is defiantely not something desired.

The 2.5ft had the spray bar under the surface to limit the surface agitation but to give maximum water movement.

Spraybars definately serve a purpose

yasherkoach

by yasherkoach

believe it or not Alasse, but a little agitation on the plant leaves help to continuously clean off their petals of light debris, often naked to the eye.....just a tip

but hey, we disagree about 7 out of 10 times, so I am sure you will disagree this time

like I said, to each their own

Alasse

by Alasse

I have water movement to do that yasher. Planted tanks do not need vigourous agitation, in fact it is undesirable.

yasherkoach

by yasherkoach

didn't say vigorous...I said, "little agitation"

Alasse

by Alasse

By vigourous i mean the spray bar above the surface, this gives agitation AND movement.

As i said my planted tanks, the spraybars are kept under the water surface to just give movement definately not agitation

yasherkoach

by yasherkoach

okay I see what you are saying...I was speaking in general terms, a little agitation on plant leaves help clean off debris

yes, movement in the water column especially helps some fish that desire this

Tiny Air Bubbles

13 posts • Page 1 of 2