knight gobies help!

7 posts

Discuss all topics related to freshwater and planted tanks.

rraymondddh

knight gobies help!

by rraymondddh

so yesterday i bought 2 small knight gobies
they seemed to be doing fine until now i found one upside down, mouth open, breathing heavily. so i put both into a breeders tank to separate them from the other fish. the one that was open mouth and breathing heavily died, and the second one seems like its about to die also, lopsided and breathing heavily. i have plenty of aeration. maybe the water?

bacrosslin

by bacrosslin

you condition the water? Has the tank cycled? I am not familiar with those fish but that might be the cause. Sound like water has not been treated.

rraymondddh

by rraymondddh

yes, it has been cycled and fish have been in there for long time. by condition, you mean ph, etc? i have no testing materials now so what can be the best aid for now?

acerkai640

by acerkai640

well i have the same problem, if you read my "help" post youll see what i mean. but i dont know and i havent lost any yet.
-acer-

bacrosslin

by bacrosslin

By conditioning I mean have you treated the water when you do the changes? Tap water containes chlorine and chlramin which is fatal to fish it suffocates them. Also is could be the Ph, like i mentioned I am not familiar with your fish species. Do they require a high or low Ph? What substrate do you use?

doomydarkdoom

by doomydarkdoom

Sounds more like a swimbladder issue.

acerkai640

by acerkai640

well mine is now kinda back to normal now but still having a little problem keeping his tail down but i think he might pull thro it. i added a bit more salt and he seems to be doing better but ill clean my tank on wed and i hope that will fix his problem.
-acer-

knight gobies help!

7 posts