2nd floor collapse?

13 posts • Page 2 of 2

Discuss all topics related to saltwater / reef tanks.

jav36

by jav36

i know how you guys said to spread out the weight. i think the stand im getting wont have any legs? is that good?

newbie916

by newbie916

I'm not an engineer or builder, but my parents have had a 2500 lb gun safe that has been on the second story for 20 years. We looked at the design plans and figured out where the support beams were and placed the safe along the wall. So far they haven't had a collapse yet.(knock on wood). I'm assuming that it would be the same with your tank. Best bet would be to ask a friend who is an engineer or contractor and ask them to take a look at your floor plans. THey could probably assist you in where the safest place to put your tank is. Anyways, good luck.

puffedupseagull

by puffedupseagull

if it has no legs and has just a spanning front and back beam then it will distribute the weight evenly on its own, like i said before if your bearers in ur floor run front of house to back of house and u have tank on side wall then planks from the front of ur stand to the back will be fine. just space them at around 350 to 450 mm apart across the length of the tank.

2nd floor collapse?

13 posts • Page 2 of 2